Friday, April 07, 2006

What cancer will do to you

No, it's not proboscis cancer. It's an elephant mask.
We went to the Knoxville Zoo in 2004 and Lucy became obsessed with elephants in the gift shop. We were not in a spending mood and I was in a creative mood. "I can make her an elephant mask, if that's what she wants," I thought.
We went back to Asheville the next day. We put Lucy to bed and I went to Wal-Mart to purchase material. We don't have a sewing machine, so everything was hand stitched. I was up until 3 a.m. working on the mask.
When Lucy got up the next morning I showed her the mask and had her try it on.
She didn't like it.
But, she did like it when I wore it.
So, now it's my mask.
This picture stars Lucy as Madeline and me as Madeline's pet elephant.

I bet my parents are proud.

No comments: