Monday, April 24, 2006

Screw the Dandelions

I wrote last year about how crappy my lawn looks in comparison with either of my neighbors' lawns.
I was going to work hard on mine this year and give us a good little run of excellent lawns.
Well, I didn't get a chance to do all the work I planned.
I ended up missing a few days when I really should have mowed and my lawn became choked with dandelions

Saturday I saw one of the neighbors out spraying dandelions on his lawn that I am sure were spawned from the evil weed on my lawn.
"I gotta mow my lawn," I said and picked up my chemo therapy pump and headed for the yard.
"Sorry about the dandelions," I said. "I put some stuff down but I don't think it worked too well."
He was nice about it and even gave me some advice on the best time to apply more weed and feed.
That was Saturday.
On Sunday my column appeared in the newspaper telling everyone about my cancer.
Tonight I saw him at a function at a restaurant.
He walked across the room and smiled at me.
"I read your column yesterday," he said.
"Great, thank you," I said. I really am grateful when somebody reads it.
"Listen," he said. "Screw the dandelions."
I am still laughing about it.
We live in a good neighborhood.



Напиши еще?

No comments: