Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday update

Did not have a good Sunday. Perhaps I overdid it a bit on Saturday. I took a long walk, went to a rugby game and chased Lucy around then sat on the back deck drinking beer and grilling a roast.
Sunday I mainly sat on the couch and stared at the TV. I was on the verge of sleep all day.
I did sleep well last night, so perhaps I will have a good day today.
I am beginning to realize that the most difficult thing to go through is scheduling.
We have Lucy's pre-school, soccer and baseball. Mary has some oral surgeon appointments. I have (this week) radiation, chemo and urology appointments.
Oh, and I have to work.
I do have three weeks vacation time. I believe I have about two personal days and should have five sick days left. I am eligible for 10 weeks of short term disability with 100 percent pay - still. I want to conserve as much as I can for the actual recovery from surgery and if the chemo gets bad.
It is very tempting to take time now, just for scheduling and breath catching, but I think I am just going to have to suck up and deal.
Over on "An Interesting Life"

They are still having problems and all the sites on Wordpress have been taken down again.
Looks like one guy pretty much worked all day and through the night trying to get things right.
I know many of you are anxious to read about my experience with transrectal needle biopsies.
Trust me, I will get it posted this week.

All Lucy wanted for Easter was a paddle ball set. You know, the rubber ball on a piece of elastic attached to a wooden paddle.
We got her one that set us back 88 cents.
It broke pretty quickly and she is insistant that we get it fixed. The problem is that the elastic came unthreaded from the ball and I can't figure out a way to get it back in.
Anybody have any ideas? My plan is to buy about 10 replacement paddles and hope that she loses interest before she breaks them all.
I am afraid that if I do that I will learn that she doesn't want just any paddle ball, but only the one the Easter Bunny gave her.
aaargh!

1 comment:

ash said...

you said: "transrectal needle biopsies"

yikes!