Thursday, April 27, 2006

Feeling OK

Yesterday was the best I have felt in a long while. The port seems to be settling in and only hurts occasionally.
I had no bathroom problems and even though I took a 2 hour lunch, which included a 30 minute nap, I worked until 6:30 - so about a 10.5 hour total day at work.
I did sort of crash when I got home.
I slept straight through the night and feel, right now, like I am going to do well today.
I have a new friend who went through this same treatment protocol about 11 years ago.
She said she felt great until day 14 - then all the side effects hit her like a ton of bricks.
On day 13 she said she was starting to think that maybe there was something special about her and that she would sail through the treatment - It didn't work out that way.
She seemed to be most concerned about the sore throat aspect.
"It doesn't feel like razor blades," she said. "It feels like brand new razor blades."
I am hoping that there is something special about me and I will sail through the treatment.
It is day 8.
Monday I need to talk to the oncologist and see about scheduling my next appointment with the surgeon. I am supposed to do that about 2 weeks after I complete my treatment.
I get pictures taken at radiation today, I am hoping they will be able to determine if there has been any shrinkage - but I am not exactly sure what they can see.
Lucy's baseball camp starts tonight. It should be a good time. It runs for 6 weeks, so it should sync right up with my treatment.

No comments: