Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Mind functioning poorly

It is hard to believe that I can get up at 4 a.m. and immediately be behind schedule.
Lucy had an accident this morning and I started out the day trying to get her cleaned up and her bed changed.
I wanted to try to get it done without Mary waking up, but as soon as I get Lucy stripped down and started cleaning her, she starts to whimper.
Whimper is the perfect onomatopoeic work for what she does.
Mary got up and changed the sheets while I tried to explain to Lucy that her favorite pillow and sheet and blanket could not be cleaned in an instant and would not be ready until tonight.
She is going to be a demanding consumer when she grows up. I would not want to be her personal assistant (like Mary is now).
I am apparently losing my mind.
I have always prided myself in doing on-time performance appraisals. Right now, I have one that is extremely late and two that could be considered late depending on your interpretation.
I usually keep it all in my head. I have a calendar but I rarely look at it. Now I have a hard time telling one day from the next.
Last night I was called from work at 8 p.m. and asked about the editorial for today's newspaper - I hadn't written it yet. It's something that I do everyday and I totally spaced it. YIKES!
I just hope they are understanding at work and that I get my act together soon.

The radiation treatments did not start yesterday. We did more laser beam aiming and picture taking to make sure we were hitting all the right spots.
We start the radiation treatment today. And we start the chemo today.

Should be a lot of fun.

I added some more to An Interesting Life, if you are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a Gannett manager, Tom. Just put some dribble in the right places adn they will gobble it up. We do it all the time.

dave