Monday, April 24, 2006

Cancer and Lowes

Being treated for cancer is a lot like doing home improvement projects.
every time I try to do anything - even something as simple as installing a doorbell. I need to make at least two trips to Lowes. One to buy all the stuff I think I need and one to take back all that stuff and buy the stuff I really need.
With cancer, every one trip to the doctor yields at least one more trip.
Today I had the pump removed from my port and was then sent to the general surgeon's office to have some sutures removed that were supposed to dissolve, but did not.
The port, by the way, still hurts like a sunnovabitch.
I also earned a visit to a nutritionist.
I think I am doing pretty well in that department. Besides a little fatigue I have yet to feel an side effects from the chemo drugs.
I just have to keep eating and keep drinking and I should be OK.
OK, of course, is a relative measure.
I still have to get my radiation treatment for the day. Hurray!

No comments: