Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today we start

My first radiation session is today.
I also have three big meetings at work and Lucy goes to the dentist.
The radiation shouldn't be too bad. I have to lay on my belly with my bare butt sticking out in the breeze. They line some lasers up on the tattoos on my hips and tale bone and push a button.
Then I pull up my pants and head back to work. It's a cumulative thing, so eventually I will start to feel the effects, like a burning sensation and diarrhea and hair loss.
Again, it is daily for 28 sessions and the tough part is scheduling it around all my work responsibilities. I am thinking of moving it to later in the afternoon for most days. Although there are some days when I will have to get it done in the morning.
They seem pretty accommodating. I guess we will find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh. That doesn't sound like fun. Take it easy, take a good book to read to take your mind off things.

If I could spare some patience, I'd send you some, but with Buchanan on vacation and only Joy and me to do our pages, I am patienceless.

Hope this kicks it in the ass and Tom and Lucy get back to their escapades.

dave

Catnap40 said...

Thanks.
One of my favorite lines from "Diner"

"You get the feeling there's something going on that we don't know about?"

Or
"If you don't got dreams, you got nightmares."

Catnap40 said...

I forgot. Good luck with your colonoscopy!
No matter the outcome of my experience my daughter is doomed to frequent screenings of all sorts because of dear old dad.