Friday, April 21, 2006

It was a busy day

I went into work yesterday at about 6:30 and started to figure out my schedule. I realized that it was stupid busy with personal stuff, so I decided to suck up and take one of the sick days that I have been hoarding.
I had an appointment with the oncologist at 9:30 to have my port checked out. It still hurts - a lot, but vicodin helps when I can take it and ibuprofen helps a little at work.
I mentioned to him that so far, I have had no side effects from the 5FU that has been pumping into my veins. (I am up to 21.3 ml this morning out of the eventual 60 by Monday morning).
"You aren't supposed to have any side effects," he said. I raised my eyebrows.
"Come talk to me next week and we will renegotiate that statement," he said.
If I keep eating and hydrate myself well, I should tolerate things well.
I left his office and dashed down to the pharmacy to get prescriptions filled, then drove over to the radiation clinic for my session there, then I went down to the rec department to check on Lucy's baseball camp -we were unsure when it started.
When I got back home it was time to pack up and head for Columbus to see the urologist.
I brought my cancer folder with me and my cd of my catscan. They couldn't get the cd to run, however, and sent me home with another appointment and a mission to get actual photos of the catscan.
So, when we got back to Marion we had to stop at the imaging center to place the order and then head home to get Lucy ready for soccer practice.
I skipped out of soccer practice early to attend a parent's meeting for baseball camp.
It should be a busy summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean no side effects?

Catnap40 said...

side effects could include sever diarrhea and sores in the mouth and throat.