Sunday, April 16, 2006

The End of Beer

I had my last few beers yesterday afternoon.
Alcohol isn't wise during chemo and I had several Genny Creams in the fridge and that had to go before Wednesday, so....

Lucy and I did make it to the rugby game and had a great time. Lucy played soccer and other games with some older kids who were there and I watched the game.
There are a couple of good players for Marion and there were some exciting moments. It is too bad that there are almost no spectators. Lucy and I might be the only people at the game that don't have some sort of affiliation with a player.


After the game we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I watched the Indians dismantle the Tigers (Take that Hurand), while Lucy ate French fries and flirted with a waitress.
I as surprised that she didn't have long blond hair. That is the type of girl Lucy is usually attracted to. This one was a brunette. I guess her tastes are broadening.
I grilled a roast back home.

I used the temperature probe I got for Christmas. It has a transmitter so you can carry a receiver with you and always be constantly aware of the temperature of your meat.
I never moved more than ten feet or so from the grill, but still, it was reassuring.
The roast came out perfectly but it was a crappy piece of meat and no temperature probe is going to fix that.
Looks like we are going to have another beautiful day today. I really want to mow the lawn, but I don't think I should. I am not supposed to do any lifting or hard work for about two weeks because of the port.
Sometimes it's good to have a job where you just push buttons.

No comments: