Saturday, May 27, 2006

Now I may heal!

So, there was some sort of screw up with the dosage in my chemo therapy pump. I noticed early Friday morning that the pump was going to go dry, or at least think it was dry, at about noon.
I called the doctor's office and they had me come in.
It was decided to remove the pump a day early. No one was too concerned that I got a day's less medicine. An hour later I was at the radiation clinic where I received my last dose of radiation.
I spent the afternoon in a rather dazed condition.
The radiation doc agreed that one day of medicine would make little or no difference and said that the radiation and chemo would continue to work for about two weeks. Some of my physical reactions to the therapy should start to dissipate almost immediately. I should start to feel better - have more strength, not feel like a wet dish rag, in about a week or so, but I will occasionally fall back into a very fatigued state.
On June 19, I see the surgeon in Columbus (Home of the Keating Family in "Family Ties" and James Thurber), who will tell me what he has planned for me.
My fantasy is he will say, "It's a blessed God damned miracle Mr. Graser, the cancer is gone, go home and never darken my door again."
However, I think he is going to say, "Get your stuff in order, we split you open in two weeks."
I will let you know how it goes.
Lucy is supposed to play in a soccer tournament today. Not sure how that is going to go. It rained a lot yesterday and the history is they cancel if it is wet, but there is no rainday for this and there is a lot planned.
I will let you know how that goes too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will hold out hope for the miracle.

dave