Saturday, May 13, 2006

Not sure about soccer today

It rained most of yesterday. It is about 46 degrees at 6:30. Our game is not until 10 and it is not supposed to rain anymore - But no one wants to stand in a puddle and experience the onset of hypothermia just so our kids can chase a ball around - or do we.
Had a visit from the diarrhea monster last night. I think I had one piece of sausage too many with my spaghetti. Funny, the last time I had diarrhea was earlier in the week when I ate kielbasa sausage....I should be picking up a pattern here ... Wait for it ... No ... Nothing.
Mom and Dad are in town. We are going to the Marion Mayhem game tonight. Just me, Dad and Lucy.
Otherwise, I gotta get my tomatoes in the ground and I really want to mow the lawn - And I should take it easy.



This is the press box at the Veterans Memorial coliseum where the Mayhem play - See the big Marion Star banner?





Here are some action shots from a Mayhem game taken by a Marion Star photographer.
The photographers have a scary job. They are right on the field with no where to run if the play goes near them. So far, we have had no casualties.
Best part of the game is the running clock. They only stop for incomplete passes during the last minute of each quarter - otherwise the clock keeps ticking, still the Mayhem have been able to score 82 points in one game - another team in the league scored 90 points last weekend.

No comments: