Monday, May 01, 2006

Good news, bad news

The good news is that two of three medical people that saw me today were very pleased with my progress.
After five days of chemotherapy and 10 sessions of radiation, I have not had any of the side effects that I have been warned about.
I have been following doctors' orders to the letter.
I met with a nutritionist today who asked me about my typical diet and then asked.
"Are you gaining or losing weight?"
"No, I am as fat as ever."
"Are you nauseous?"
"Nope."
"Any diarrhea?"
"No, none."
"Well, just keep doing what you are doing."
The bad news is that when I got off the table at the radiation clinic my chest was soaked from fluid leaking from the suture site on my port - something just ain't right there.
Tomorrow (Tuesday is going to be crazy). I have to take Mary to see the oral surgeon in Columbus and then have to come back to vote and go to the office in the evening to supervise election night coverage - that means I have to order the pizza.
I will try to talk to someone about the port on Wednesday.

No comments: