Monday, May 22, 2006

Last five days of chemo

Today I get hooked back up to the chemo pump for five days. This is also the last week of radiation treatments.
I am anxious to see how the pump feels. The last time I had it on, the port was pretty painful. Now, I hardly every feel it.
Sometime this week they are going to cut my radiation fields down to two. Right now, I get three fields treated. The machine shoots for about 26 seconds at each hip and then 8 seconds at the top of my butt.
They are cutting out the butt field but not cutting back on the radiation, so it will be more like 30 seconds on each hip.
Everybody says I will really get the fatigues this week. This weekend wasn't a great one for energy.
So, the schedule now is - five days of chemo, five days of radiation, two week wait, visit with surgeon, operation within five weeks of end of treatment.
Oh, and we have to figure out what to do about the tumor on the kidney.

Let's talk about fun things.

Lucy had a soccer match Saturday and when she played she did well. She is easily distracted and when she decides she wants to tell somebody something, that becomes way more important than the game.
The coolest thing about her is that she really wants to meet the kids on the other team. Absolutely the best attitude, I think. She treats the games as an opportunity to make friends.
Next week we play in a tournament - at least three 30-minute games. If we have our star, James playing, we should do pretty well. Our coach had to put him on defense and forbid him from crossing the midfield line to keep from running the score up on the team we played this weekend. When we last met them, James was a no-show and we got killed.

No comments: