Thursday, August 03, 2006

Surgery Log Days 1 and 2

I don't have the strength yet, to do more than a little bit of this at a time. It probably makes it more watchable.
What is remarkable to me is how upbeat I am through this whole thing when I know that I was mostly miserable. I credit the nurses and patient care assistants on the 9th floor of the James Cancer Center. They met every request with a smile and noted every iota of progress as a big deal no matter how small it may be. Their genuine enthusiasm and unfettered care really made the difference. My family and my friends helped too!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm surprised you had enough energy to do all of that...hope you're feeling better minute-by-minute!

Matt Bradshaw said...

Cool. Sort of like if Blair Witch had been shot in a cancer treatment hospital. Glad you're coming along so well.

Anonymous said...

This would make a great movie - your delivery and voice are perfect - we would just need to hire a more attractive actor to play you - perhaps Pauly Shore or Rob Schnider?

Anonymous said...

Anyone here like fishing for bass. I just landed a 5 pounder and had to tell someone. Also, would be interested in your experience with different lures for catching bass. Let me know. Thanks Bass Fishing