Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Medical report

So, the colorectal surgeon said he doesn't want to see me for six months and that I need to have another colonoscopy in one year (they won't need as much cable this time).
The oncologist is still waiting to look at slides and will see me in two weeks to see if I need further treatment.

The pathology says that my lymph nodes were free of cancer and that the tumor, following the treatment was a stage one cancer - the concern is that it was likely a stage two before treatment and maybe a little more.

Once we get the slides in Marion we will know more about the future. Until then, it is one day at a time.

I drove for the first time today - fortunately I had left a Tragically Hip disc in the car:

"Jacgues Chartier, right this way,
throw your coat up on the bed,
hey man you got a real bum's eye for clothes.

Come on in, sit right down,
No, you're not the first to show,
We've all been her, since God, who knows."

No comments: