Friday, August 18, 2006

How am I doing?


So, the doctor walks into the exam room, takes one look at me and says, "are you OK?"
"I feel OK," I said.
"You don't look good." He said. "You're very pale. I'm a doctor and you don't look good."
Turns out I did have a slightly elevated temperature while I was there. But, we had been in two traffic delays and arrived about 10 minutes late. I had to walk down a hill in sort of a hurry to get in and registered. This doctor does not tolerate tardy patients. At least, he says he doesn't. So that might have accounted for my condition.
He released me from his care, if I promised to tell the colorectal surgeon about my daily little temperature spike and occasional night sweats.
I had a little bit of a scare getting ready to go in the morning.
Lucy has told me that she hates the job of helping me put on my socks so I did it myself. If you have never had an incision down the middle of your belly you can't know how difficult this is.
The action caused me to leak some sera from the incision right near where my ostomy bag resides.
I was sure the bag was leaking, but there was no odor. I changed shirts and figured it was an aberration.
When we got to the hospital (one hour car drive) the stains were back. I had the doc look at the incision and he said it was just fluid (sera) from the incision and everything looked fine.
The ride to and from Columbus was about all I could stand for the day. I am going to have to make some rapid improvement at some point if I am going to walk to school with Lucy next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs to do some more ab crunchers.

How far is Lucy's school from your house?

What do you think about going to Champagne/Urbana to see Syracuse lose to Illinois this Fall?

Anonymous said...

Tell Lucy that you didn't like wipin' her little ass every day either, but you did it. Don't have me call Nanny 911. You never see black families on there for a doggone good reason. Shoot.