Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bike is ready

Finally took my bike to the shop for a tune-up and I am ready to ride. Now the weather has to cooperate. For instance, as I type this it is 40 degrees out -- too cold for me.
Got a back-hand compliment at the bike shop.
The kid who brought the bike out mentioned that the color made it easy to spot (it is bright yellow).
"It has nice components though," he said.
I told him the story of how I bought the bike in Black Mountain, N.C. Including how the guy who owned the shop came to purchase the frame from which my bike was built.
"Yeah," he said as he closed the register and headed towards the back room. "It has nice components."
It does have nice components.

2 comments:

ash said...

That flickr badge rocks, doesn't it? i love that.

Catnap40 said...

I tried to do it a few days ago, but in the body of the blog. It didn't like the java tag.
Then I saw yours in your index and said "doh"
It does look cool.