Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First three-mile run ever!

I just completed my first three-mile run ever! It kind of took me on surprise. I was ready to do the walk/run thing this morning and I just kept running. The sad part is that I only shaved one minute off my walk/run time. I guess I must be a fast walker. You might think otherwise and I am OK with that.

When you consider that last November walking three miles was a big deal, I am very pleased.

Thinking back, I might have run three miles in one go while I was on the high school wrestling team.

I never kept track. I just put my head down and trudged around the gym for an hour during lunch every day. I must have covered three miles.

So, I guess I should amend this to the first time I have ever run three miles intentionally.

Tomorrow I ride the bike. Friday I take the day off to rest up for the Popcorn 100 and then I start to get ready for the Green Camp 5k.

After that I have my self-imposed “Age 50 Century Ride” to plan.

It was 65 degrees when I hit the streets this morning. The first song on the MP3 player was “1952 Vincent Black Lightning” by Richard Thompson.

No comments: