Friday, October 17, 2008

There's name for this


One night a week or so ago I arrived home to find I had a package from my brother Mike waiting for me. It was a CD. Mike is a prolific collector of music and occasionally he puts together a thematic mix tape (I'm sure that's not what you call it these days) for me. A few years ago he put together a collection of songs that were centered around the North Country of Upstate New York. The disc that arrived recently looked to be another such effort. Take a look at the song list:



I was especially excited to get the disc because I had to travel to to Newark, Ohio the next day to conduct an interview of the candidates for Sate Attorney General. It is about a 90 minute drive.
I left the next morning and tuned into NPR radio for the first 45 minutes. When I got bored with the news, I pulled out the disc and inserted it into the player.
This is what I heard:



MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is quite the jokester!