Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Bike ride story coming


meanwhile here is my latest weight blog entry
What a day! So far. My streak of personal bests continues and despite a few days of illness induced laxity I am back on the weight loss track. I went for a three-mile run this morning and felt awful. While going up a hill about half way through the run I couldn’t fill my lungs completely up. Now, one thing for sure that nine months of yoga has taught me is my lung capacity. I was sucking in and running out of room long before I should have. I figured it was another manifestation of my recent mystery illness. Towards the end of my second mile, when I am usually feeling strongest I felt very weak and I really thought I was slowing down during the third mile. I was incredibly surprised to stop the clock at 30:12. That’s 15 seconds better than my best time. Weight-wise I am back to 215 despite a dinner out last night with the American Cancer Society. Peer pressure kept me from ordering dessert. It was 50 degrees when I hit the street this morning. The first song on the MP3 player was “Barstool Blues” by Soul Asylum from “The Bridge.”

No comments: