Saturday, October 18, 2008

Significant Sign

This summer, when we were visiting Plattsbugh, we were shopping at a Sam's Club. I picked up two pairs of pants that had 36 inch waists. I had been wearing 38s and occasionally some 40s. At Sam' you can't try stuff on, but my 38s were getting loose so I thought it was worth a shot. When I got them home, I found they were a little snug. I decided to hang on to them as an incentive to keep going with my training. By August I was wearing the 36 inch waists comfortably.

This week, Mary was in a Sam's in Columbus. She picked up a pair of pants with a 34 inch waist. I was afraid to try them on when she first brought them back. Yesterday, I got up the courage and put them on. They fit! There isn't a ton of room, but they are far from snug.

The bad news is that some of my favorite jeans are now way too big to wear. That's bad news I can deal with.

3 comments:

jaime said...

we need some before and after pics :) Congrats on the smaller jeans!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the 34ers club!

Andre Rodriguez said...

Congratulations, Tom. I seem to be going the opposite way. My 38s are getting a bit snug. I'm going to use you as my motivation.