Sunday, October 12, 2008

exercise slug

I have been a total slug since last Tuesday. I have made excuse after excuse. Although, I have to say that I have had work commitments that have made things difficult. Still, I could do better.
I finally got out for a run this morning and finished my three miles in 29:09. I was really sucking wind when I finished. I don't know that I will ever be able to run more than three miles.

I shouldn't be too disappointed it was two years ago when I was happy to be walking around the perimeter of my yard three times without stopping.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes you CAN run more than 3 miles someday. If you can run 1 mile, you can run a marathon. Your times are great an dalways improving...but if you want to run farther, run slower. lIk eme, you may be built more for distance than for speed...

Get a watch with a stopwatch function or laptimer (I have a little Timex from Target) and try not to do faster than a 10- to 12-minute mile, so you can go easily for up to 4 or 5 miles.

Don't worry about speed.

The watch is just to keep you at a slower pace over a longer distance.

You can do it. If a slug like me can complete a half-marathon, I know that you can go any distance you set your mind to. YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Catnap40 said...

I'm awesome just like I am cute - cute like an iguana.