Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July

Two big events yesterday.
Lucy and I went to a park to practice riding a bike without training wheels. And, we went to the Marion County Fair where she rode the Ferris Wheel for the first time.
She did OK on the bike.
She had a couple of runs where she was actually riding under her own power. We stopped when she fell for about the 30th time and said, "This is starting to get painful."
One or two more trips and she will have it.
The fair was a lot of fun. We rode the Ferris Wheel, ate cotton candy had a lemonade and won some crappy toys.
We also saw the goats and pigs and chickens and rabbits and cattle and sheep and chickens and ducks and turkeys.
We stayed for the fireworks, which started at 10 p.m.
We got to the car at at 10:38 and did not get to the front gate of the fair until 11 p.m. It took us about 20 more minutes to get home. We hit every red light possible and got stopped by a train!
Lucy fell asleep in her bed while reading the book, "Green Eggs and Ham." She was asleep with the book open in front of her, just like her old man.. Brought a tear to my eye, which I quickly wiped away and then woke her up and spanked her for wasting electricity.
Then, I felt much better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, GREEN EGGS AND HAM. An all time favorite. I personally would consider eating them in a box, but certainly not with a fox.

Mat B Seuss

Catnap40 said...

I was reading "If I Ran the Circus" the other night - my personal favorite - and noticed that it was published 50 years ago.