Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Anxiety starting to set in

My cell phone rang during a meeting yesterday afternoon. I had forgotten to set it on vibrate and I got a nasty look from the guy who called the meeting (my boss). So, I reached in my pocket and hit the hang-up button.
Later I figured out that the call came from the OSU hospital where I am having my work done.
AARGGHH, because I hung up they left no message. And they have a central outgoing number so you can't figure out who exactly called you.
When I got home I had an envelope in the mail box that looked like junk. I couldn't see the complete name of the sender because it had slipped up in the window, but the address was Pittsburgh, Penn. We don't do any business with anyone in Pennsylvania so I figured it was a credit card offer.
Later, I happened to catch a glimpse of the logo under the window - it was from the hospital. It was a bill! With a nasty note saying we hadn't responded to their last letter. I hope I didn't throw it out.
It's only for a hundred bucks - they're just softening us up.
The only other correspondence I could find from them was a bill-like looking thing with the words "This is not a bill" across the top. Of course, I didn't respond to that.
I will have to call them this morning. Maybe that was what the phone call was about.
Why is Ohio State sending stuff from Pennsylvania?
Anyway it is all starting to add to my anxiety.
Plus the cats hate me.

No comments: