Saturday, June 24, 2006

Scheduling is the battle

Yesterday I was supposed to find out my surgery date.
I got a call around noon. The nurse says we have a date for you, July 24.
"What!?"
July 24, I explained was a full 8 weeks after my treatment had ended. Every doctor I have seen said the surgery should be between 2 and six weeks after treatment.
The problem is that I have two very busy doctors that need to operate at the same time and the kidney guy isn't available until then.
I felt sick.
I can't risk letting the rectal lesion start growing again, but I also don't want to have two operations when I can have one.
I implore them to figure something out - they promised to call back.
I had a date with the radiation clinic - a followup.
There, I met with a doctor I had not met with before.
I explained to her my frustration.
she says, "eight weeks is good."
Now, she says, a lot of papers are saying that the lesion continues to shrink through 8 weeks so waiting is better.


aaaarghhhhhh!!!!!!!

I am waiting to hear back. Hopefully they will call on Monday.
I might have to mow the lawn ten or 12 times this weekend to maintain my sanity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacking rocks is much better than a lawn so thoroughly mowed. For everyone involved. Want me to bring you some?

Hang in there.

dave

Catnap40 said...

I think I might just drink beer after I mow the lawn.

Anonymous said...

dude, are your brother's pineapples for real or is he crazier than you are?

if real, i'm cravin' 'em!!

and i do sympathize with you on the doc mindscrew. ugh.

(i left a comment on "interesting life" and it still says 0 comments even tho it's listed on the "your say" part. you should call harold in IT.)

Anonymous said...

Surgery at the end of July? Looks like you guys could come to Barb and Tony's party! :)