Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Blog

From my weight loss/fitness blog
Lucy and I took part in the inaugural Harrison Elementary School One-Mile Fun Run/Walk Friday night. It was a lot of fun. I would say that we ran about two thirds of the route. Lucy finished with a personal best of 14:37. It was a nice event. The highest number I saw was 70, but there could have been close to 100 people in all. There were kids from all grades, parents and teachers. Mrs. Beaver really works hard to instill the importance of physical fitness with the students. My daughter talks often of her accumulated miles on the Harrison Highway (a sidewalk that circles the playground). Hopefully, the lessons will stick. My only disappointment is that a kid who ran the last 200 yards or so with one shoe in his hand beat us. ... This morning, my weight had climbed a pound. I think it is going to be a good weekend. I have lots of yard work planned and I put in twelve miles on the bike as the sun was rising. I timed the first two laps of my personal criterion and was averaging about 15 miles per hour. I know I slowed down on the last one. ... When I got in the house I unrolled my yoga mat and did one Sun Salutation for each lap (that’s four). I feel good. ... It was 44 degrees when I climbed into the saddle. The first song on the MP3 player this morning was “Two Against Nature” by Steely Dan.

No comments: