Friday, April 18, 2008

wrong direction


Get your own graph at skinnyr


Today is weigh-in day for week 22. It has been a bit of a roller-coaster this week. My weight is a bit of a disappointment but that is not the worst news. ... Let’s get the facts out of the way first. The scale reads 227 this morning. That’s up two pounds from last week. My body fat percentage reading this morning is 30.2 percent. Last week I was at 30.7. My BMI is 32.6. Last week the BMI was 32.4. ... I started a running program over the weekend and started working out with dumbbells early in the week. I guess I overdid the running because by Wednesday I was a hobbling mess with pain in my right knee. I ended up in the doctor’s office on Thursday and was told not to run for the next ten days. When I return to running. I am supposed to take it very easy with at least two days rest between each session. My weight seemed to be heading in the right direction. I started a food diary, but it hasn’t helped me curb my late night snacking. I am making better choices about my snacking, but I really shouldn’t be doing it at all. I know there are going to be setback weeks like this. I refuse to let them discourage me. At least not too much. My next running day will be Saturday, April 26. Until then I can still ride the bike trainer if I keep the resistance low. I did yoga last night and didn’t feel any pain, although today I seem to be having a bit more than yesterday.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Your next running day is the day of my marathon. I'll be thinking about you at some point that morning...and don't get too discouraged. I gained 8 pounds while training for the race. I quickly lost the weight over the last two weeks when I cut most sugar and bad carbs out of my diet. Oh how I miss my daily trip to the vending machine...

Catnap40 said...

I drink Diet Dr. Pepper now...

Jaime said...

ooohhhh, diet Dr. Pepper. Yummmmm....

I drink a lot of diet pepsi now. Trying to make the switch to all Crystal Light. Can't seem to do it, though, with my hours.