Monday, March 27, 2006

Good new and bad news

Good news is that the biopsy of the mass in my rectum came back positive for cancer.
So the colonoscopy was not for nothing.
That's the good news.
The bad news is that the subsequent catscan revealed another suspicious mass on my right kidney.
So now I have an appointment with an urologist (and I thought I was through with those guys).
I met with an oncologist today and he was pretty upbeat and positive about treatment. I still have an appointment at the James Cancer Center in Columbus that I am trying to move up.
Thanks again for all the kind words and thoughts and vibes and prayers.
It means a lot to all of us.
more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, mate. Thanks for keeping us posted.

dave

Anonymous said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers, and I' tipping a Moosehead for you now.