Sunday, December 18, 2005

My buddy Ashvegas is smart enough to know how to host audio for his blog, so I hijacked this from him. It's Lucy talking, as usual.
Lucy on the Nativity
This was actually the fourth time we heard this story.
One night at dinner (yes, we eat at the dining room table every night now and have a conversation, even if the conversation consists of us asking Lucy to keep her yammering pie hole over her plate while she talk/eats) and Lucy looked at me and said, "Even, did you know that baby jeesef was real?"
Lucy starts a lot of sentences with the word, "even." She also likes "always" and "actually."
Anyway, she told the story of baby Jeesef, "They had to ride to the hospital on a donkey!"
The next night I sat her in front of a microphone and asked her to repeat the story. She said she couldn't remember it, so I asked a lot of questions to coax it out of her. When she heard it played back she asked if she could tell it again.
The second take was all Lucy narrative. We listened to that one and she asked to tell it again. That's when she really hammed it up. And that is what Ash posted.
I think there might be a way to make money off this kid yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informitive. Thank you Lucy.

ash said...

she's a ham, Tom. need to get more audio out of her.

Catnap40 said...

Believe me, I am working on it. The tough part is to get her hamming it up but still genuine.