Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas was good

Sorry to say, I have no pix. Santa didn't see fit to deliver a digital camera this year. The old one started crapping out early in the year and I have been afraid to look at it. Santa also didn't see fit to deliver the skateboard, pogo stick and scooter that Lucy requested. Santa is looking out, not for Lucy's health, but mine.
Mary and Lucy got a four dvd set of Looney Tune classics. They stayed up well past midnight on Christmas night to watch as much as they could.
I got some socks (yes!) and a meat thermometer probe with a transmitter, so I can know the internal temperature of my meat from up to 100 feet away - Just like Alton Brown (the Alton Brown of the Food Network, not the Alton Brown of the Newspaper Network of Central Ohio).

Store Scare
Lucy and I went to Meijers to buy some supplies for our buddy Mike in Iraq. I was looking at birthday cards and Lucy had the coveted position of cart pusher.
After selecting my card, I started walking towards the pharmacy section to pick up some lip balm and Q-tips. Lucy hates it when you pull the cart when she is pushing. It takes a deft hand to direct the cart so she doesn't knock someone on their kiester and still thinks she is in complete control. The key to fooling her is to not look. So, I walked down one aisle, skipped over to the next, went down that one and turned to Lucy to tell her something and she wasn't there.
It took almost a full minute for the panic to set in.
I retraced my steps and realized that I had no idea where it was that she stopped being with me.
I tried to stay in the same area of the store, while slowly increasing my search range. I was just about to stop an employee and announce my loss when Lucy came running up with a nice lady in tow. Phew! I didn't realize until I saw her, how scared I had become.
Apparently she had stopped to spin a globe.

No comments: