Thursday, April 05, 2007

Relay for Life



If you are a regular reader of this page (and I know there are at least seven of you - Hi Dad!), you know that I spent most of last year being treated for rectal cancer.
It marked the second time in five years that I have gone under the knife for cancer.

This year I decided that something good should come of this. I volunteered to help out in the local American Cancer Society Relay for Life event.

I thought I would go to a few meetings and help with publicity.

After meeting with some of the volunteers I decided that I wasn't doing enough. So, I have formed a team and am now actively raising money for Relay.

I was talking with one of the organizers and she was asking me about my treatment. I told her that my chemotherapy was mostly a drug called 5FU (or Fluorouracil, but 5FU has such a better hidden message). She told me that 5FU was developed with money from the American Cancer Society.

That hooked me.

I formed a team at work, but because I work for a large corporation there are many restrictions in how I fund raise. I am really looking for help from my friends and family (again).

Click on this here line to visit my Relay for Life donation page and send a few dollars to fight a good fight.

Perhaps this will keep me so busy I won't have time for annoying videos.

No comments: