Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Nickname

The best thing about the Internet is for the first time you get to pick your own nickname. Up until the emergence of message boards and e-mail addresses and the like, you had no say as to what your nickname was going to be. Someone chose your nickname for you.
In the posts below I came up with a nickname for my daughter Lucy. I have been calling her Pickles Van Pelt for the last few days and she has not asked me to stop ... yet.
I, of course, immediately thought that Pickles Van Pelt would make a great name for a band.
Then I thought, "I think there is a band called Van Pelt."
And there is -- only it is called The Van Pelt and they are no longer in existence (I think)
Here is a picture:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought LUCIFER worked.

Mat B Nimble

Catnap40 said...

I believe that is also the name of a band.

Anonymous said...

Mr B. Nimble,
Speaking as Lucifer's Mom, I can confirm the nickname still applies; and then some!