Friday, March 14, 2008

weigh-in day for week 17



Get your own graph at skinnyr


Today is weigh-in day for week 17. I am at 223 pounds. That's two pounds less than last week and 27 pounds less than my starting weight. I am three pounds away from my short-term goal and 24 pounds away from my long-term goal (which, I suppose, will soon become my next short-term goal). I am averaging a loss of 6.35 pounds per month, which is 3.35 pounds ahead of my goal. My body fat percentage is 30.8 percent. That's down from 31.4 percent last week. My BMI is 32. Normal BMI is below 25, which now seems possible. ... When I started out 17 weeks ago I didn't think I would get this far. Especially using my plan, which was basically nothing. I believed that I could lose weight if I made just small changes to my life. So, I started exercising on a regular basis. I walk for three miles as often as I can (most of the time five days a week). I bought a bike trainer ($95) to make sure I had something to do on horrible weather days. I started talking a yoga class ($40 for seven weeks). I only moderated my eating. I tried to eliminate "seconds" eating between meals and eating after dinner. I have also limited my beer consumption to special occasions. I really didn't think it would work. I was hoping it would and I was hoping that I would be able to show people that it wasn't that hard to do. And, it hasn't been. Sometimes I am proud of my success and other times I feel like there is nothing to be proud of because it was so simple (and because I have so far to go). Controlling one's weight and becoming fit is the easiest, cheapest and most important thing you can do to improve your health. I had to have three doctors lecture me (all but one very nicely) before I got it. If I had listened to the first one eight years ago, I would be a lot further along.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

congrats, congrats, congrats!!